CUBLiFT’s superb straddle stacker is ideal for stacker and pallet positioning in the stocking and refilling applications.
- Straddle legs allows an adjustable fork width from 1100mm to 1380mm
- Turning Radius: 1500mm varies per models
- Load Capacity up to 3000kg varies on models
- Manually control for move and electric for lift
- Overcharge protection device and a foot brake for easy operation
- One year of warranty of core pump unit
You can find both electric straddle stacker and manual straddle stacker to reduce your labor intensity.
● Capacity (kg): 1500
● Max. lift height (mm): 1600~3500
● Overall length (mm):1745
● Width overall forks (mm): 300-930
● Turning radius (mm): 1425
● Lifting speed, laden/unladen m/s: 0.05/0.08
● Battery Voltage: V/Ah: 12/120
● Weight kg: 335/395/415/425/435
●Type: Electric Straddle Stacker
● Max. lift height (mm): 1600/2500/3000
● Overall length (mm): 1500
● Overall width (mm): 1132-1532
● Width overall forks (mm): 200-800
● Turning radius (mm): 1490
● Battery Voltage V/Ah: 24/105(125)
● Weight (kg): 580/645/665
CUBLiFT: Your Premier Pallet Stacker Manufacturer in China
Straddle Stacker Ultimate FAQ
- What is a Straddle stacker?
- What are the key features of a Straddle Stracker?
- What are the advantages of using Straddle Stacker?
- What are key factors that a buyer should consider while purchasing a Straddle Stacker?
- Where is a Straddle Stacker used?
- How many people are needed to operate a Straddle Stacker?
- What are some of the safety measures that the operator should observe?
- How does an operator charge the Straddle Stacker’s battery to keep it in a good state?
- What maintenance practice should be observed for the Straddle Stacker?
- What are some major operational issues that are likely to occur while using the Straddle Stacker?
- What are some of the remedies to the various operational issues encountered while using the Straddle Stacker?
- How can one adjust the legs of a Straddle stacker when they malfunction?
- Does a Straddle stacker operator require training before using it?
- What kind of training does a Straddle Stacker operator require?
- What are the likely injuries is one likely to sustain while working using the straddle stacker machine?
- How can one avoid this type of injury while handling Straddle Stacker?
- How long should a Straddle Stacker take to be serviced?
- Does one require a license to operate a Straddle stacker?
- Can I rent a Straddle Stacker, for how long, and is it cheaper?
- When does my business need to use Straddle Stacker?
- Why is a Straddle Stacker a better choice compared to a forklift?
Straddle Stackers are meant to make work easier in industries and warehouses where there is limited space for movement. They can easily move pallets that are in a cramped storage area. Therefore, they are tools of choice to those working in limited spaces to facilitate the movement of pallets from one point to another. This FAQ acts as a clear guide through answering the most likely question by the customer regarding the straddler stacker. It is not only a tool that only makes work easier, but also improves general efficiency and performance for the user.
What is a Straddle stacker?
A Straddle Stacker is equipment mostly used in warehouses and industries to move several pallets which are in a crampy storage facility. It is more versatile than a forklift and is mostly preferred in warehouses and industries where they are short in staff and space. It is compact and requires no space for the operator to sit or to operate it. For customers who own their warehouses or industries, this is one of the tools that guarantee work efficiency, versatility in warehouse operations for your commercial use.
- German Mannstaedt hot-moved pole profile.
- A high permeability pole manages the cost of an unmistakable perspective on burden and fork tips.
- Interchangeable pole and casing.
- Powerful AC drives and lifts engine.
- Italian HYDRAPP water-powered siphon.
- MOSFET drives control innovation.
- CURTIS electronic regulator.
Figure 1: Electric Straddle Stacker
- Has Straddles with base legs that allow pallet straddling.
- Has a weight lift capacity of 1000Kg.
- Offers a load center of up to 550 mm.
- Maximum fork stature of 65 mm.
- Maximum fork diameter of 170 mm.
- Width across forks of 350 – 710 mm.
Figure 2: Manual Straddle Stacker
What are the key features of a Straddle Stracker?
Figure 3: Manual Straddle Stacker
- Has a loading capacity of up to 1350 Kg load.
- Has a maximum lift weight of up to 4250 mm.
- Requires power voltage of 24Volts/ 94 Ah.
- Has a head length of up to 887 mm.
- Inside straddles measure up to 1270 mm.
Figure 4: Manual Straddle Stacker
What are the advantages of using Straddle Stacker?
offers safety & Stability – a straddle stacker has straddles inside which offer great stability when being driven, either way, that is forward or backward.
Fuel efficiency– a straddle stacker consumes half of what a forklift does to do the same job, while also carries two-thirds of the forklift’s weight in total. Therefore, consumes less and carries significantly more weight.
Reduced load damage – a straddle stacker due to its ability to carry loads which are few inches from the ground, there are minimal damages of the loads, and also they do not rip off the pavement since they move with the help of tires.
Low cost of maintenance – normally the cost of maintenance of a straddle stacker is proportional to carried weight. Due to the presence of a hydraulic system of the straddle stacker, it is therefore easy to maintain it through regular servicing.
Better visibility for the driver – a straddle stacker has an adjustable carrier whereby, a cab can be mounted on whichever side the user is comfortable with and does not hinder his/her visibility while moving the stacker. This in return improves the safety of the operator and reduces driving fatigue.
Higher storage space – the straddle stacker can easily carry containers that are closely spaced, therefore, providing high storage density.
Travel Longer distance – a Straddle Stacker can move at a speed of up to 35 Km/hr in long distance.
Increased maneuverability – a straddle stacker has four wheels all involved in steering and has a handle mounted on the sides to aid movement in any direction, therefore, reducing fatigue to the operator.
What are key factors that a buyer should consider while purchasing a Straddle Stacker?
Whether purchasing a new or replacing an obsolete Straddle Stacker, there are several things that you need to critically consider before deciding on the type of Straddle Stacker you need.
Weight Lift Capacity– the amount of weight that you anticipate to be lifting using the stacker determines a great deal the straddle stacker you need.
You should be able to determine the maximum and minimum that you are likely to handling while making your purchasing decision.’
Manual or Powered Straddle Stacker – both manual and powered straddle stackers are available for use. It is therefore important when making your buying decision, consider your workflow in your place of work. You should be able to tell if you will be moving pallets more often or you want to add a workhorse machine to your warehouse.
Lifting height – the kind of height you need your Straddle Stacker to lift the load, is a key factor in deciding what kind of stacker you need. You should therefore be able to determine the maximum lifting height before buying.
Storage space available – the amount of space available greatly determines what kind of Straddle Stacker you need.
Where is a Straddle Stacker used?
Straddle Stackers are mainly used in storerooms, industries, warehouses where there are limited spaces to help in stacking together pallets with minimized effort. One key feature that ensures that its well used in these places, is the protection of an ignition key. This, therefore, mean that, if one doesn’t have the key ignition, the Straddle Stacker remains un-usable and im-mobile. In return, this enhances security and the general safety of the employees, permitting only those who are trained and authorized to operate it, use it.
How many people are needed to operate a Straddle Stacker?
Due to the nature of where this equipment is used, that is, in cramped spaces, one person is enough to operate a straddle stacker but should be well trained on how to use it to avoid accidents and injuries. Figure 5: Adjustable Manual Straddle Stacker
What are some of the safety measures that the operator should observe?
- The operator should carefully read all provided instructions and warnings before beginning to use the Straddle stacker.
- The operator should first be trained or have authorized permission, to use the stacker before using it.
- The operator should not use the stacker to lift people with it.
- When in operation and the forks are in use, nobody should stand under the forks or pass below them as it may lead to serious injuries.
- The operator should not move the straddle stacker not until the forks are 12 inches away from the ground.
- A distance of 1 meter should be kept between the stacker and the operator.
- The operator should always ensure that the weight of the load being lifted is evenly distributed between the forks.
- The Straddle Stacker should never be overloaded, or carry more than its capacity weight.
- When the stacker is not in use, the forks should remain at their lowest position possible.
How does an operator charge the Straddle Stacker’s battery to keep it in a good state?
- The batter of the stacker should be charged if it is less than 10V.
- Check the level of the battery liquid before charging it. If there is none left, add distilled water.
- Ensure that the location in which you are charging the battery is well ventilated and is far from combustible materials.
- When the Straddle Stacker battery is not in use for a long duration of time, the battery should be charged at least 2 hours per week.
- When the battery is charging, the voltage should not read less than 15 V.
- The Straddle Stacker should not be used when the battery is charging.
What maintenance practice should be observed for the Straddle Stacker?
Parts lubrication – all movable parts should be greased regularly using motor oil.
Level of hydraulic oil – the level of oil should be checked and changed after every 6 months of the stacker’s usage.
Parts routine check – external parts such as axles, wheels, forks, chains, straddles, the mast, should be checked daily for blockage.
What are some major operational issues that are likely to occur while using the Straddle Stacker?
- Leaking – this may arise due to seals being worn out or damaged, parts of the piston may as well be cracked, being too small and worn.
- Motor non-performance – this may arise when the voltage is significantly low if there is a loose wire connection, or when the direct current motor is damaged.
- Battery not charging – this could happen due to the battery being obsolete, or improper plugging into power.
- Stacker forks not engaging the lever – this could be as a result of having worn out seals, having damaged valves or oil impurities causing the valves not to close tightly.
- Forks not reaching the maximum height – this is due to low levels of hydraulic-oil, or impurities in the oil.
- Forks not lowering – this could be due to the release valve not being opened, rusting of the piston as a result of having kept the forks in a lifted position for so long.
What are some of the remedies to the various operational issues encountered while using the Straddle Stacker?
- Leaking – the seals and the cracked pistons should be replaced with new ones.
- Motor non-performance – the straddle stacker should be charged, any loose connection is reconnected, and for the motor, it should be replaced.
- Battery not charging – the out-of-life battery should be replaced as well as the connection be checked and be re-attached if found loose or incorrectly done.
- Stacker forks not engaging the lever – the oil, the worn-out seals, and the damaged release valve should all be changed and replaced respectively.
- Forks not reaching the maximum height – in this case, more hydraulic oil is needed, and to solve the impurities issue, the oil should be changed.
- Forks not lowering – the damaged piston should be replaced, while the rusty piston rod should be well lubricated. Also, it’s a prudent practice to always leave forks in a lowered position whenever the Straddle Stacker is not in use.
How can one adjust the legs of a Straddle stacker when they malfunction?
- From the base of the straddle stacker, unscrew the 4 bolts and remove the washers.
- Slide in the leg to your preferred position within the body slot.
- Re-insert the removed bolts, and washers and tighten them.
- For the second leg, repeat the above steps.
Does a Straddle stacker operator require training before using it?
A Straddle Stacker should only be operated by one person. However, the operator should be well trained on how to carefully operate it and must always follow the laid down rules of safety to avoid accidents and injuries in the line of duty.
Importantly, the operator should be aware that training is not once, but is continuous. Training should be conducted periodically. This enhances the safety of the operators to handle the Straddle Stacker equipment. Further, the employer should strive to establish a culture where employees are freely willing to consistently share their knowledge on various best practices. Ensuring that the process is more collaborative than punitive.
Likewise, pedestrian training should also be conducted, where they also made to know what the operator expects of them since they share the same space. The supervisors also should keep refreshing on the procedures laid down so they are aptly prepared on what to look out for.
What kind of training does a Straddle Stacker operator require?
For one to get a permit to drive an electric and manual Straddle Stacker, you ought to be appropriately prepared before work. Instructional classes can be finished in as not many as three hours or may require an entire day. The circumstance relies upon your experience level and the preparation program you select. Most courses require English proficiency, language, and numeracy (LLN).
The best preparation incorporates exercises custom-made to the machine you intend to work. For instance, manual Straddle Stackers are the most well-known passerby stackers. The units are steady since they have outriggers that reach out on each side. The outriggers convey a portion of the weight when the stacker is being used. This keeps the Straddle Stacker from tipping aside. Preparing on this machine sets you up to securely work it in the working environment.
The best preparations in using a Straddle stacker cover wellbeing and security, precautions, and working practices. Although you needn’t bother with a permit for most walkies, you can’t lawfully work a Straddle Stacker without one. This kind of stacker conveys the administrator on a stage, so a permit is required.
What are the likely injuries is one likely to sustain while working using the straddle stacker machine?
Crushing injuries – these types of injuries occur more often as the straddle stacker is driven over another worker. This type of injury is very painful and may in some cases lead to a person sustaining serious fractures and loss of a job to the victim.
Object dropping – sometimes an object may be dropped on another member while stacking and may result in permanent injuries more so if the object is heavy and coming from a height. It is therefore advisable that one wears the necessary protective industrial shoes.
Collision injuries – straddle stackers are relatively heavy and hence if by accident collides with a worker during operation, one may sustain severe injuries and may lead to serious fractures, deep bruises, or even permanent injuries to an individual.
How can one avoid this type of injury while handling Straddle Stacker?
Avoid cramped working spaces – it is necessary to have adequate working space to operate the straddle stacker. Working in a cramped workspace while operating a Straddle stacker and other warehouse equipment poses a greater danger. While operating a straddle stacker, there should be clear pathways. It is also necessary to have wider aisles where the straddle stacker can comfortably reverse and move forward. One should keep off from the shelves and racks.
Not to lower or raise the forks while in movement – an operator should avoid lowering or raising the straddle stacker while in movement. This could cause instability to the stacker resulting in an accident. It’s therefore advisable to ensure an operator uses a speed that he/she can easily put the unit at a safe stop as quickly as possible. This minimizes instances of collision at the workplace.
Ensure clear visibility ahead – a Straddle Stacker operator should always be in a position where he/she can see everyone and everything on their way. This is by maintaining a forward look position. Subsequently, as required for a licensed Straddle stacker operator, it should not be given to untrained or unauthorized personnel.
How long should a Straddle Stacker take to be serviced?
Just like any other equipment acquired for use in the warehouse or industries is serviced, the straddle stacker should also be serviced regularly. Hydraulic oil levels should be checked weekly, the seals and the release valve, the forks, axle, and chains are serviced after every 6 months.
Does one require a license to operate a Straddle stacker?
One does not need to have a Straddle Stacker handling license to operate one. However, it is mandatory that whoever is using it, should be well trained and conversant with the safety regulations and procedures while using the equipment.
Can I rent a Straddle Stacker, for how long, and is it cheaper?
Straddle Stacker provide much-needed assistance in material handling solution to most manufacturing businesses and even to all others. To those who may want to rent, that is possible and only need to contact the company. They will only require the state for how long they want to rent be it weekly, monthly, or even daily. Then renting rates will be provided. Renting is cheaper for the short term, however, acquiring one for your convenient use is the best decision. The cost of acquiring is quickly recovered and you can reap all the benefits for your business.
When does my business need to use Straddle Stacker?
A Straddle Stacker plays out a very crucial role in a material handling business. That notwithstanding, a Straddle Stacker has unmistakable benefits under certain work conditions. The unit is more modest than forklifts. It performs better in restricted spaces, where forklifts are difficult to move. Even though their capacities cover, you shouldn’t see forklifts and walkie stackers as indistinguishable. Regardless of whether your office consistently utilizes forklifts, you may profit by leasing a Straddle Stacker.
A Straddle Stacker is a decent decision for stockrooms and storerooms with restricted paths. Stacker units work inside a more modest turning range than forklifts. It likewise requires less leeway to travel through walkways. A Straddle Stacker is intended for indoor use and forte applications. It works best away from rooms, stockrooms, and conveyance focuses.
Before making costly forklift responsibilities to get your work done, measure your material dealing with needs and investigate different rental alternatives. A Straddle Stacker has a lower forthright expense than a forklift does. Manual straddle stackers are accessible for lease, yet electric units offer a few advantages. They are quicker and more proficient than customary hand trucks. Likewise, electric straddle stackers don’t radiate contamination, exhaust, or commotion. Their running expenses are lower than costly forklifts energized by LPG, CNG, and diesel.
Why is a Straddle Stacker a better choice compared to a forklift?
Straddle stackers are deft machines. They are more fit to single-move work, as they’re controlled by Straddle stackers’ batteries, which should be re-energized. The uplifting news is that it doesn’t need an establishment of costly second-level charging outlets that can approach $2,500. You can charge the Straddle stacker battery by connecting it to any 110-volt outlet.
Another special reward for a Straddle stacker is its sticker price. While costs differ, a Straddle stacker is regularly a large portion of the expense of a forklift. For those shops that have a solitary move and lower throughput, a Straddle stacker is the best decision.
There are downsides to Straddle stackers. While agile, you’ll yield crude force and lifting abilities as they ordinarily top out at 2,500 pounds of lift limit, and typically just lift 15′ or something like that. They additionally require an administrator to stroll alongside the stacker to work it, which in some cases isn’t ideal if there’s a long distance to cover.
You may also like:
Related Straddle Stacker
CUBLiFT: Your Premier Pallet Stacker Manufacturer in China
When it comes to straddling stackers series, one of the most trusted brands is CUBLiFT Walkie straddle stackers, with over 20 years of providing the best quality, heavy-duty forklifts and straddle stackers around the world.
CUBLiFT straddle stackers are reliable for their durability; the hydraulics lift is built from high-quality hard chrome, the tires made from tough polyurethane materials, features that ensure these straddle stackers are long-lasting.
Straddle stackers from us are of a wide variety and can cater to industrial, commercial, and retail needs and purposes; from standard models of pallet trucks, walkie stackers, Class I riding forklifts to innovative and custom-built PDX and IBH series of stackers.
Our straddle stackers are easy to operate, the drive, lift, and lower controls are located in the handle, and can be used either with the left or right hand. Its crawl speed function handle lets the driver maneuver and drive to tight spaces and aisles easily.
The CUBLiFT heavy-duty straddle stacker can lift up to 30.9 feet per minute empty, and up to 17.6 feet per minute if loaded. Our straddle stackers are easy to maintain, no need to water the battery, simply plug it to charge.
CAPACITY 2500 lbs. at 24” load center
BATTERY Compartment: 26.37” x 9.06” x open. Anderson 175 Gray—A-11 Minimum battery weight 340 lbs. SPEED 24-volt ZAPI ACO Travel Controller
TRAVEL Variable from 0 mph to 3.4 mph empty Variable from 0 mph to 3.1 mph loaded
LIFT Up to 30.9 fpm empty. Up to 17.6 fpm loaded LOWERING Up to 18.4 fpm empty. Up to 17.8 fpm loaded WEIGHT 1943 lbs.
Our straddle stackers come in different models, each with specifications to fit your needs. Check our site or visit the nearest CUBLiFT outlet where our trained salespeople will be more than happy to assist you.