Shear Beam Load Cell
The Shear Beam Load Cell is a durable, engineer-designed load cell with an IP67 protection rating that’s designed to be installed in a wide variety of industries and applications. Extremely easy to install, the design of the load cell eliminates the need for additional trimming or wiring, saving you time and money.
Our shear beam load cells are mainly used in applications where operators want to measure the compressive forces. They are also used in applications where liquid, air, or gas is needed.
The shear beam load cells are suitable for use in heavy-duty industries such as petrochemical, automotive, mining, and agricultural industries.
The Shear Beam Load Cell is ideally suited for applications where the load force is applied at one end of the beam while the other end remains stationary. The Shear Beam Load Cell can be mounted on any type of base plate and can be installed in a wide range of applications.
-Sturdy design: The load cell is made from a robust steel design that’s resistant to corrosion and wear.
-Easy installation: The Shear Beam Load Cell is designed to be easy to install and requires no additional trimming or wiring.
-Highly accurate: Our load cells are designed to be highly accurate, ensuring that the forces being measured are as close to the actual loads as possible.
-Low maintenance: The load cell is designed with a self-cleaning design that ensures that there are no lubricants or fluids inside the shear beam load cell. This means there are no moving parts in the shear beam load cell, which means there’s no maintenance required.
We have different configurations available for our Shear Beam Load Cells. Please contact us to find out more.
The Evolution of Shear Beam Load Cell
Introduction to Shear Beam Load Cell
Shear beam load cells have proven to be highly efficient and productive for sectors where goods are produced and processed. These load cells are suitable for medium or large-capacity weighing applications.
The possible applications of shear beam load cells include constructing multi-sensor scales, for weighing tanks, or for onboard weighing. These load cells consist of a piece of metal that deforms under the influence of force and returns to its original state when the force is removed.
Strain gauges register this deformation and convert it into an electrical signal. Shear beam load cells are calibrated in units of weight (grams, kilograms, or tons). They’re extremely useful to measure torque or force in industrial systems.
Shear beam load cells are built correspondingly robust due to their main use in the industrial sector. These load cells are immune to ingress of dust and strong splashing water or even submersion.
The shear beam load cell is designed for low profile scale and processing applications. With capacities from 100kg to 50t, they’re extremely precise and feature stainless steel construction for use in harsh environments.
The Advantages of Shear Beam Load Cell
Shear beam load cells are ideal for measuring switching or actuating forces. They’re firmly attached to the application/platform on one side of the beam and force is applied vertically.
The double bar measuring principle is important to measure this vertical force. However, the sensors of these forces are largely insensitive to the displacement of the vertical force introduction.
At CUBLiFT, we rely on advanced strain gauge technology, which leads to precisely defined relative changes in resistance of the strain gauges. The resistance of the strain gauges is visible to the introduction of the force on the measuring shear beam load cell.
Our advanced shear beam load cell manufacturing technology enables us to optimally suppress the temperature influences and lateral forces.
Our 10+ years of load cell manufacturing experience and knowledge of optimal and ergonomically designing them for your custom tasks enable you to have the perfect load cells for your applications.
The following are some of the primary advantages of shear beam load cells:
- Built tough: Shear beam load cells are accurate enough to measure subtle changes in compression, weight, and force. Moreover, they’re tough enough to withstand the often harsh work environments they are located in.
Our custom-designed and manufactured shear beam load cells are extremely accurate in a range of work conditions including heat, cold, moisture, and more.
- Accurate results: Shear beam load cells deliver highly accurate results to be extremely effective. Over the long life of the unit, our industrial-grade shear beam load cells offer high-precision reliability and performance.
We design, manufacture, and engineer our load cells to meet today’s market requirements and industrial needs.
- Options and features: With a range of customization options and features including the following, you’re sure to find the ideal unit for your measurements needs:
- Construction materials
- Load limit range
- Sizing options
- Profile options
- Output options
Our highly skilled staff of engineers will match you with the ideal load cell for your application.
Moreover, shear beam load cells are designed for low profile scale and process applications. They’re ideal for the majority of industrial weighing applications because of the following reasons:
- Highly accurate & extremely reliable
- Low profile
- Ergonomically designed
- Smart & precision weighing
- Easy connection to any weighing application
- Suitable for both tension and compression applications
- Ideal for wet environments
- Long term stability
Furthermore, shear beam load cells are suitable for industrial-scale and process weighing applications due to their increased capacity, perfect output sensitivity, safe overloading, zero balancing, and resistance to extreme temperatures.
Technical Specifications of Shear Beam Load Cell
Since the primary use of shear beam load cells is in industrial weighing technology, they’re manufactured to be sturdy.
The stainless steel construction of these load cells with corresponding protection class IP68 makes them ideal for extremely versatile weather & environmental conditions.
The robust and ergonomic design of shear beam load cells and their compatibility with other devices makes them one of the best state-of-the-art load cells.
The following are the technical specifications of the shear beam load cells manufactured at CUBLiFT:
- Rated Capacities (lbs.): 250, 500, 1K, 1.5K, 2K, 2.5K, 4K, 5Kse, 5K, 10K, 15K, 20K
- Zero Return (20 Minutes): Better than 0.01 % FSO
- Rated Output (FSO): 3 mV/V ± 0.25%
- Zero Balance: ≤ 1 % FSO
- Combined Error: ≤ 0.02 % FSO
- Creep (20 Minutes): ≤ 0.03 % of load
- Non-Linearity: ≤ 0.02 % FSO
- Side Load Rejection Ratio: ≤ 500:1
- Hysteresis: ≤ 0.02 % FSO
- Non-Repeatability: ≤ 0.01 % FSO
- Load Cell Material: Alloy Tool Steel (XA1), 17-4ph Stainless Steel (XA3)
- Safe Overload: Compression 150% FSO, Tension 150% FSO, Side Load 100% FSO
- Ultimate Overload: Compression: 300%, Tension: 300% FSO, Side Load: 200% FSO
- Load Cell Finish: Electroless Nickel Plated (XA1), Electro-polished (XA3)
- Deflection: See Dimensions Table
- Weight: See Dimensions Table
- Input Impedance: 385 ± 5 ohms
- Cable Seal: Compression Gland Fitting
- Output Impedance: 350 ± 3 ohms
- Cable Termination: Finished Conductors
- Insulation Resistance: >5000 Megohms @ 50VDC
- Cable Type: 4-conductor, 22 AWG, tinned-copper, braided shield, polyurethane jacket
- Excitation Voltage: 10 V AC/DC (15 V maximum)
- Cable Color Code: + Excitation (red), – Excitation (black), + Output (green), – Output (white), Shield (bare)
- Temperature, Operating: 0 to +150 °F (-18 to +65°C)
- Sealing: IP67, Multi-redundant; Limited Immersion Tolerance
- Temperature, Compensated: 14 to +104 °F (-10 to +40°C)
- Temperature Effects Output: < 0.0008% of Rdg. /°F (< 0.0014% Rdg. /°C)
- Temperature Effects Zero: < 0.0015% FSO/°F (< 0.0026% FSO/°C)
CUBLiFT’s shear beam load cells are high performance and robust to accurately measure compression loads.
The ergonomic design of shear beam load cells readily tolerates with minimal sensitivity to the following anomalies:
- Angular effects
- Eccentric effects
- Side-loading effects
The top-tier shear beam load cells feature premium instrumentation-grade cable (with durable polyurethane-jacket over a tinned-copper braided shield) for superior mechanical protection and to minimize the majority of electrical effects.
The Applications of Shear Beam Load Cell
The shear beam load cell is ideal for industrial weighing applications. Its primary use is in the following industrial weighing equipment:
- Belt scales
- Filling systems
- Container scales
- Platform scales in the middle range
- Big bag scales
- Floor scales
- Silo scales
Moreover, shear beam load cells are suitable for torque and force measurements. Shear beam load cells are sued in weighing technology to determine the weight of small-/medium-sized vessels and are also frequently used in force measurement.
The agricultural industry, for example; uses shear beam load cells for gravimetric level weighing.
Moreover, beyond the agricultural and industrial applications, shear beam load cells are produced in many other ways:
- Traditional weighing machine construction
- Crane scales, truck scales, and vessel scales
- Platform weighing through platform scales
- Weighing in-process and dosing systems
Furthermore, shear beam load cells are also often installed for applications in the building materials industry, the food industry, the chemical industry, and medical technology.
Shear Beam Load Cell: Indispensable in Weighing Technology
A finely calibrated shear beam load cell indirectly and precisely determines the weight force by measuring and converting the weight force into a path.
Working Principle of a Shear Beam Load Cell
A weight force can deform a shear beam load cell’s bending beam or a built-in spring.
Afterward, the intensity of this deformation gives information about the weight force or, more precisely, about the object weight.
Furthermore, with this information, you can precisely weigh any material that belongs to industrial applications.
The Core of Shear Beam Load Cells
In a shear beam load cell, a pair of special strain gauges attached/mounted in the measuring bodies plays an important part by acting as a mechanical intermediate stage in the measurement process.
In case the measurement body deforms, it’s transferred to the strain gauges to convert this elastic deformation into electrical signals.
With a measurement accuracy of 0.01%-0.05% F(nom), such changes in resistance can be easily and very accurately measured.
The advanced technology of shear beam load cells offers the following:
- Consistent high quality
- Exact measurement directly in the force flow
- Very good temperature characteristics
- High long-term stability
A laser is used to weld standardized sensors into the measuring element with shear beam load cells which enables automated series production.
Level Monitoring with Shear Beam Load Cells
Shear beam load cells are proven to be extremely productive in level monitoring processes. It can check fill levels by measuring the weight of the vessel and its contents.
The measuring data from this gravimetric level monitoring helps calculate the filling height of a vessel or a tank.
The following are some advantages of this measurement method:
- Measuring the level and the exact mass at the same time
- Eliminating the contact with the medium because of no access required to the tank or vessel
- Independent measurement of the material, its properties, and the geometry of the container
- If necessary, shear beam load cells can be easily replaced
In level measurement, shear beam load cells must function regardless of the nature and condition of the medium:
- Small or large grain sizes
- Liquid or solid
- Hot or cold
- Aggressive or mild
- Steaming or icy
- Conductive or non-conductive
- Foaming or dust
Regardless of the geometry of the vessel and its evenly or unevenly distributed medium, the load cells must also operate well.
Such factors must not affect the measuring result, performance, or any other permanent functions of a load cell.
The current condition also applies in applications that are temperature-critical where robustness and high durability are required.
These are some reasons why high-precision shear beam load cells are ideal for nearly every industrial environment and application.
CUBLiFT as One of the Best Shear Beam Load Cell Manufacturer
At CUBLiFT, we offer modern production of shear beam load cells with a complete range of solutions for precise weighing in the medium-capacity range with reliable anchorage between the base and weighted structure.
We are the leading shear beam load cell manufacturer from China as we offer high-quality load cells featuring resistant and durable materials.
Our vast library of load cells offers reliability and precision to their maximum level. Our shear beam load cells are manufactured and ergonomically designed for harsh washdown industrial, chemical, and food applications.
By having the ultimate protection necessary from today’s hostile environments, our shear beam load cells are suitable for platform scale manufacturing with an economical low profile range.
Its all-welded sealing and low profile design, combined with high accuracy make this load cell ideally suited for low profile platforms, pallet trucks, tanks, and silos.
| Weight Load Cell | Truck Scale Load Cell | S Type Load Cell | Weigh Module | Ring Load Cell | Shear Beam Load Cell| Compression Load Cell | Tension Load Cell | Inline Load Cell | Load Shackle | Load Cell 100KG | Double Ended Shear Beam Load Cell | Single Ended Shear Beam Load Cell | Pancake Load Cell | 500g Load Cell | Miniature Load Cell | Canister Load Cell | Bending Beam Load Cell |