- Weight capacity ranges from 500kg(1000lb) to 1Ton(10000lb)
- Scale plate dimensions ranges from 20″ x 27″ up to 48″ x 48″
- Excellent weight resolution up to 0.1 lb per specific models
- Platform material can be aluminum or steel varies per models
- Stainless steel load cell ensures maximum ruggedness
- Platform scales for hygienic environments available as well
- Platform scales can be customized in non-standard construction per requirements
● Max. Weighing kg: 100~1000
● Convertible unite: Kg/lb/g/oz
● Platform mm:300*400~1200*1200
● Material: Carbon Steel
● Display: A12E(standard)
● Applications: warehouses, factories…
● Max. Weighing kg: 100~1000
● Convertible unite: Kg/lb/g/oz
● Platform mm:300*400~1200*1200
● Material: Stainless Steel
● Display: A27E
● Applications: Food, chemical…
● Max. Weighing kg: 500
● Convertible unite: Kg/lb/g/oz
● Platform mm:600*800
● Material: Stainless Steel
● Display: A27E
● Applications: Logistics, Express…
● Max. Weighing kg: 500~3000
● Convertible unite: Kg/lb/g/oz
● Platform:0.8*0.8~2*2 m
● Material: Carbon Steel/Stainless Steel
● Display: A12E
● Applications: Storage, Production…
● Weighing Range: 1.5ton/1500kg/3306lbs
● Size: 1.2*1.2 ~3*3m
● Materials: Alloy Steel
● Display: A12E/A27E/A23P
●Applications: Stock Farming…
CUBLiFT Manufactures Quality Platform Scales in China
Platform scale also called bench scale or floor scale. It is a type of digital platform scale and is used to measure heavy industrial merchandise with a large surface area. It consists of platforms for holding your items or objects during measurements.
The platform scale is mounted separately from the platforms to enable the weight indicators to stand on the opposite side of the base. This enables you to weigh large items at once. Platform scales are designed using stainless steel or aluminum to give you a highly durable and corrosion resistance scale. We offer them in various designs, shapes, sizes, capacities, and models.
We can customize the platform scale to match your required specifications. A platform scale is used mostly in agricultural industries for weighing large objects that can take a large surface area. All our platform scale offer incredible and accurate measurements with an LCD screen and digital keyboard. If you have items that occupy a large surface area, a platform scale is the best.
We also upgrade our platform scales to have features that are not included during the manufacturing process. The scale is offered in different sizes hence you can choose the best that fits your needs. For high-accuracy weight measurements of your items in warehouses, industries, and distribution centers, using platform scale. Talk to our sales team and let them help you with choosing the right platform scale.
Platform scale – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
A platform scale is an important piece of equipment in a warehouse’s operation which is relied on to provide accurate weights for the various loads. It is also known as a platform scale. It has a flat base that sits on the floor which allows loading by rolling loads on and off for quick, accurate, and precise weight measurements. It is the most versatile form of platform scale and is highly preferred for most commercial use in weighing of all incoming, and outgoing loads from warehouse/industries or even retails. Platform scales are widely used for broad use in and come in different weight measurement capabilities ranging from 150kg to 300kg for lightweight taking. For heavyweight measurement, they are extensively used for loads weighing capacities ranging from 1000kg up to 5000kg. Due to high dependency, it’s made to withstand heavy weighing and even overloading. Hereby we collected some frequently asked questions for using platform scales. Hopefully, this will be somehow helpful for you.
- What key features make platform scale stand out among other weighing equipment?
- Looking for a variety of platform scale available?
- What should one have in mind while acquiring a platform scale for use?
- How does the use of platform scale improve operations in warehouse/industry or in a retail outlet?
- During platform scale installation, what installation measures should be adhered to?
- What should I do if my platform scale does not reset to zero or doesn’t show the zero 0.00 figure even when empty?
- What are some common faults to the platform scale and their causes?
- How would I find out the accuracy of my platform scale?
- Is it possible to make print copies from a printer using the platform scale?
- What are some routine maintenance and inspection activities that should be done on a platform scale?
- What precautionary steps should be taken while installing a platform scale?
- Which is the best type of platform scale to buy?
- Can platform scale pose a hazardous risk at place of work?
What key features make the platform scale stand out among other weighing equipment?
- Has backlight display – it is supplied with a display that has up to 7 digit reading capability, over 50 mm high, and a configurable backlight, seen while weighing.
- Double power charge – platform scale is capable to receive a charge in two ways, one through the internally mounted battery, secondly, through an external power adapter. Besides, it’s able to automatically save power by switching the auto power-on and off buttons.
- Weight summation functionality – this function allows storage of the total amount of weights and can also be recalled at any one given time.
- Low-battery warning – it is fitted with a LED annunciator, fitted next to the display which gives a warning whenever the battery levels are significantly low.
- Weighing mode – through this feature, the operator can set minimum and maximum weight and configure it through the use of an LED visual annunciator which automatically goes on whenever the various weights set are exceeded or not under the set minimum.
Looking for a variety of platform scale available?
Platform scale for a long time has been a piece of crucial equipment in manufacturing, and distribution. They are greatly relied on for quality checks of large batches produced in manufacturing firms, from lightweight batches to heavyweight loads. Therefore, depending on one’s need at the workplace, platform scale serves a special purpose which means that while conducting some research, you are likely to realize that there are different types of platform scales with broad weight measuring capabilities. They include basic platform scale, lift platform scale, low platform scale, portable platform scale, U-platform scale, high precision platform scale.
Figure 1: Digital Platform scale
Figure 2: Floor platform scale
Figure 3: 1000lb Platform scale
Figure 4: High precision Platform scale
Figure 5: Electronic Platform scale
Basic platform scale – this type of platform scale is square with a standard size of about 3 by 3 to 5 by 5, and a weighing capacity of between 1000lb to 20,000lb. Depending on your need, it is possible to obtain one made of mild steel, with a tread-plate, and those made of stainless steel with a smooth plate, offering options for your specific need. In the absence of a forklift or a driver to load, it is possible to use pallet jack ramps which come in different lengths to ensure safety when steering those heavy loads on the scale.
Lift platform scale – in case that you need to weigh chemicals that require a certain level of hygiene then, a basic platform scale may not be the best option. However, the use of a lift platform scale greatly serves the purpose since you’re able to clean it underneath. It is made with a lift-up deck which allows easy cleaning of its underneath. Lifting can either be gas-assisted or remotely done through a control panel. It is made of stainless steel to enhance the hygienic requirement.
Low-profile platform scale – this kind of platform scale is more similar to the basic platform scale, but they are lower to the ground which enables them to access the pallet jack while loading. However, there are some differences in that they appear to have rails on the side, also their weighing platform is not more than 2 inches off the ground. This however doesn’t mean that it isn’t possible to get the ramps on. Contrary, the low-profile platform scale has its shortcomings. Their raised side appearing to have rails can offer some challenges when it comes to weighing larger pallets.
Portable platform scale – this type of platform scale has an ultra-low profile and is equally portable just as with the low-profile platform scale. This type also uses the side rails but a slight difference in that but has locking casters fitted in its corners, which allows it to be moved easily to whatever place it’s needed. Further, it is handy enough and can easily be stowed from one point to another.
U- platform scale – this type of platform scale is made in a way that; allows the weighing of loads by placing them at the center of the scale. However, the maximum weight that it can measure remains 5000 lb just like with others.
What should one have in mind while acquiring a platform scale for use?
The use of platform scale is mostly in warehouses, industries/firms, retail outlets in weighing of materials, packaged products, finished products for various reasons. Its use is needed at various stages in supply chain management in warehouses, manufacturing firms, and even for logistical purposes. Nevertheless, every business is driven by its needs, and therefore need a different type of platform scale to address their need. However, even when the type of business and needs of a business drive their choice of platform scale, there are standard considerations that should inform their decision on the kind of platform scale they may need. These are:
- Weighing needs – just as how businesses are different so are their requirements. Likewise, the type of platform scale they may require differs from one business to another. It is therefore paramount that each business knows what type of scale they need. If it’s to be used for quality assurance, laboratory, warehouse weight measuring, shipment and receiving, raw material weighing, finished product weighing, or packaged products. This should be very clear while acquiring a platform scale from the on-set.
- Weighing platform size – it is a key requirement that depending on the type of product the business deals in their platform scale should consider the weighing platform size such that it can accommodate their products. This will shield them from acquiring a platform scale that doesn’t match weight requirements ending up overloading the weighing scale.
- Level of accuracy & reliability – this is the cardinal factor to consider while choosing the type of platform scale that your business requires. The make of the scale should be of
- high-quality material to support heavy loads and also promote productivity. One of the best criteria when it comes to choosing of platform scale is its precision and its durability. The manufacturer through warranty provision should offer assurance on accuracy, and reliability. One that is accurate and reliable should come with such a warranty.
- Standard of weight(s) – most businesses nowadays are clear on their units of weight measurement they use or apply to their business. This could range from ounces, grams, kilograms, pounds, tonne, or grains. The advantage with current types of digital platform scales available in the market offering almost all variety of weight scales with different weight measuring units. Most of these platform scale come with multiple measuring units that it’s easy to switch from one to another depending on your needs.
- Ease of access – the perfect type of platform scale should comfortably provide accessibility requirements for your business. This could be a business that needs a fixated platform scale or a mobile one. This should be met by the platform scale that you choose. In the event of a mobile platform scale, that should happen without the need to drill holes on the floor to fix it. The user should have nothing to worry about when the platform scale is needed on how to access it for use.
- Beware of maintenance expense– among the factors, most people tend to believe that heavily sets apart the kind of equipment and in this case platform scale a business ends up buying is the cost of purchase. However, in a business where loads, products are involved, acquiring a platform scale is inevitable. But choosing to acquire a cheaper, low-quality scale with cost justification could result in huge business losses in the future. This is due to numerous needs for maintenance which may not only cost so much to the business in the long-term but also cause inconveniences to the business through inconsistencies. It is therefore recommended that you ask your supplier about its maintenance cost that it may attract to have It remain effective.
How does the use of platform scale improve operations in a warehouse/industry or a retail outlet?
Enhanced accuracy – this is among the main benefit while it is used in a warehouse where there is a need to ascertain weight before products leave. The platform scale’s ability to give accurate weight reading translates into saving for the business by ensuring that there is no material is wasted once it’s ascertained. In most cases, the platform scales are so efficient to an extent that it’s possible to determine whether a manufacturing firm is profitable or not.
Availability of accurate data – the use of platform scale plays a critical role in quality control and the overall management of the whole process. For instance, in a manufacturing/processing plant, weighing of ingredients while following a specific formula, is an important aspect of the production process where the use of platform scale is necessary and gives the management a clear view of the production process, they can identify to know of the most efficient way in production.
Upholds required regulation – it’s clear that the use of platform scale offers a guarantee of weight accuracy. This is more important to those businesses where weighing of products has to be done prior or to that weight is shown on the package, it becomes easy to do weight confirmation. Underweight products are most likely to attract fines to the warehouse and thus the unrivaled nee for the platform scale.
Guarantee product quality – platform scale offers support to the quality control department through availing accurate data which in return through statistical analysis, it’s possible to determine the level of satisfaction on the products being produced in a plant or stored in a warehouse. This is applicable whether in consumables or non-consumables.
Increased productivity tracking – through the use of electronic platform scale fitted with trackers, it is possible to know have production output recorded, other detail such as time taken, the operator who captured this information which forms the basis of actionable data to the management. This in return enhances productivity as it’s easy to tell when there is optimal production, and even when it higher or below par.
During platform scale installation, what installation measures should be adhered to?
Platform scales are made in a way that, for them to be highly reliable, certain conditions should be considered before using them. This will not only make them operate accurately, but also be faster while using them. Therefore, it’s best to select a good location for your platform scale.
- The platform scale should first be placed on a leveled ground/surface for balance purposes.
- Avoid extreme heat which could arise from either having it in direct sunlight or even or operating it closely from a radiator. Also, fluctuation of temperatures should be avoided.
- Special attention should be rendered to the platform scale from draught either coming through the window or doors.
- Jarring of the platform scale during weighing should be avoided.
- Always protect the platform scale from high humidity, dust, and water vapor.
- Exposure to damp conditions on the platform scale for long periods should discouraged. This is because condensation may form on the weighing machine and end up affecting its performance.
- Static-charging of the material being weighed, the weighing platform/container, and that of the windshield should be avoided.
What should I do if my platform scale does not reset to zero or doesn’t show the zero 0.00 figure even when empty?
On rare occasions, platform scales may not reset to the zero figure as expected when the scale is empty. This may due to external environmental factors on where the platform scale is being operated in. However, it is possible to reset it back whenever the platform scale behaves in this manner. Once the weight is applied, resetting it to zero is only possible on a specific range. If resetting it back to zero is not achieved therefore indicates that the range is passed that required. Then, unloading should be done but if it still not possible even after this, the zero-marked button should be pressed and it will automatically reset to zero after a short while and re-appear on the screen.
What are some common faults to the platform scale and their causes?
- Permanent changing of displayed weight– there are several possible causes to this common fault to a platform scale. They include; it could arise due to weighing plate could be in contact with a foreign substance/matter, can also be due to static charging, also vibrations from the floor or table, or even air movement or what is technically known as draught.
Remedy – ensure that beneath the platform scale there is no debris by lifting high the platform. Secondly, one should check for loose connection or wires
- Getting wrong weighing value – this could be due to the inability of the scale to reset to zero value, also when adjusting the scale display is not correct, fluctuation in temperatures, as well static charging.
Remedy – the junction box should be checked for loose connection and fastening instead be done. Cleaning of wire of corrosion from the connectors, or any wires that might have been exposed to rust. In case the location has high humidity, a desiccant should be attached to the summing junction.
- Displayed weight value not glowing – it could result from the scale not being switched on, interruptions from the main power supply, either wrong plugging/faulty, and could arise due to sudden power outage.
Remedy – the loose connection should be fastened or probably broken wires.
How would I find out the accuracy of my platform scale?
Of course, it’s every buyer who wishes to ascertain that their newly purchased platform scale will serve them as its features outline. Among the areas of concern is accuracy which is a major aspect of a platform scale. However, it is easy to determine if your platform scale is accurate. Simply schedule for calibration check-up with a certified technician, if not possible the manufacturer should be able to assist you to find out. Calibrations assist by comparing the platform scale’s performance against the known mass quantity. A good quality platform scale has in-between calibrations which helps one confirm if the results displayed are accurate. Also, it is important to confirm these concerns before you leave the premises so that you’re certain that your needs are met.
Is it possible to make print copies from a printer using the platform scale?
Yes, it is possible to take printouts from all platform scale that have terminals that can connect to a printer. However, one can also buy a printer with this capability and connect to the scale with its terminals and will serve the same purpose.
What are some routine maintenance and inspection activities that should be done on a platform scale?
Frequent inspection and service are necessary and should be done regularly. The period on which these regular checkups and maintenance should be conducted is based on the frequency of use and the condition of the scale itself. This maintenance should involve the following:
- Checking of the various measuring cables, power lines of the terminals for any kind of damage. Should be a trace of such, it should be brought to the attention of the client.
- Secondly, ensure that all load cell feet are in direct contact with the surface and not overloaded.
- Ensure the platform scale should be well aligned.
- Ensure the platform scale is free of dust/dirt.
What precautionary steps should be taken while installing a platform scale?
Installing a platform scale in a premise or at the place of work should be done by a person with that expertise. Even as such, various precautions should be upheld during the exercise:
- Ensure that no electric welding is done near the platform scale plate/platform.
- Ensure the location or spot for installation has proper drainage to protect the platform scale from water damage.
- While taking weights of different objects/loads, they should not be dropped on the scale rather be set on the scale platform.
- Ensure that loads or objects weighing more than the platform scale’s weighing capacity are not set on it.
- The platform scale should only be operated within the required temperature requirement range.
- Other equipment should not be placed on the scale for storage reasons whenever it’s not in use even temporarily.
- Debris or dirt should not be allowed to accumulate around the platform scale or beneath it.
- Ensure that water does not settle onto the scale, proper water drainage should be available.
- Moisture or vapor should not be allowed to form on the scale’s electrical wire connections.
- Protect the platform scale from static charging.
- Ensure that all the summing junction cover plate screws are well fastened.
- Ensure proper loading and offloading of heavy equipment onto the scale while taking weight measurements.
Which is the best type of platform scale to buy?
Indeed, there is no particular platform scale that is the best to buy. However, the best is the one that fits your weighing needs in the most accurate, reliable, and in terms of its accessibility. Through the lenses of these characteristics, it’s easier to arrive at what you would consider as best. If you are looking for one with superior accuracy, then a digital one with more decimal points would best fit your needs.
Can platform scale pose a hazardous risk at place of work?
Yes, a platform scale can cause accidents at place of work or even at the selling outlets if not well placed. If placed in a walking path, it could cause tripping to pedestrians resulting in serious foot injuries.