How To Choose Good Load Cells For the Truck Scale?
A weight load cell is an essential part of a truck scale, but choosing the right one may be a time-consuming and stressful undertaking. There are several different types of load cell, and each kind has a unique application requirement. The following selection guide will help you pick the best load cell for your truck scale.
Check requirements for size and specification
Load cells for truck scales are available in a variety of specifications and sizes, so it is important to determine the size requirements for your load cell. For your application, you must determine the following specifications: height and width, weight, and overall length.
Take into account the operating conditions
When choosing between hot or cold temperatures for the load cells, consider the following: Check to see whether the environment in which you operate your truck scale is hostile, harsh, corrosive, dry, or wet before proceeding. This information will assist you in selecting the most appropriate load cell for your truck scale.
Understand your truck scale application
Before selecting the right load cell for your truck scale, look for a load cell that is appropriate for the job at hand by considering the following applications.
- If your truck scale will be utilized in an out-of-the-way area, a hydraulic load cell may be the ideal solution. These load cells are self-contained and need no external power source to operate.
- High Endurance Applications: These are intended for use in an industrial context and are often subjected to high levels of experimental stress. A compression load cell is the most suited in this scenario.
- Because pneumatic load cells offer perfect mechanical balance, they are employed in quality checks and safety applications. This may be required for anything as basic as detecting if an IV bag is distributing properly or whether it needs replacement.
Load cell type
It is important to be aware of the kind of load cell that your truck scale uses. This would enable you to make the right choice. The following are the most frequent kinds of load cells, and you should be familiar with their intended applications.
- Load Cell with Strain Gauge: This type of load cell is renowned due to its durability, stiffness, and vibration characteristics. So in case, your truck scale needs such a specification, this will be the right load cell to choose.
- Hydraulic Load Cell: This type of load cell is useful in adverse environments. Because a hydraulic load cell has no electrical components, it may be used safely in potentially hazardous places. If your truck operates in this condition, then the right choice of load cell will be a hydraulic load cell.
- Pneumatic Load Cell: This load cell is used to maintain pressure balance. It implies that in cases where a balance of pressure is required, a pneumatic load cell will be the right choice.
- It is possible to establish a voltage in a load cell using a piezoelectric material that responds to the user-controlled dynamic form.
Have an understanding of your truck scale capacity requirements
For your truck scale application, you must determine the maximum and lowest load capacities that are required. It is recommended that you choose a load cell that has a capacity that is greater than your maximum operational load to ensure that you have the best possible capacity.
Additionally, it is critical to consider the external factors to which the load cell will be exposed. For instance, if you want to use load cells in a high application, you should look for a load cell with an adequate fatigue rating.
Consider probable variables, such as non – linearity, bridge barrier, and inertia, to ensure that you have the maximum load cell capacity achievable.
Shapes of load cells
The shape of the load matters since there are truck scales that differ in the kind that fits their use.
- Beam load cells may be utilized for static measuring as well as dynamic weighing for silo loading/unloading. Hopper load cells and tank load cells are further applications for beam load cells.
- Through-Hole Load Cells: it is also known as ring load cells. due to their high stiffness, give very high precision in press-load and off-center applications, and in other applications.
- S-Beam Load Cells are often used in high-stress settings.
- Canister Load Cells: These load cells are an ideal option if you want pressure systems with a capacity of over 100,000 pounds.
- Button Load Cells are miniature load cells, which is ideal for applications that require a small footprint. It is highly common in the medical industry.
- Pancake Load Cells are used in situations that need a high degree of precision.
Any weighing application requires precision, but the amount of accuracy necessary should be taken into account while selecting a load cell.
The accuracy of the reading supplied to the end-user is affected by several variables, including the load cell’s rated output accuracy parameters, the indicator utilized, and the operating conditions.
Limitation on Installation
It is critical to determine if the load cell is suitable for the job at hand. Initially, in the load cell selection, considerations for installation restrictions such as size and shape should be made. Work backward from there, assessing the location and operational environment.
A truck scale’s load cell placement must be precisely planned. Size and scale are crucial, but so is the location and orientation of the load cell. Inquire as to what kind of wire the load cell is being installed on.
Before contacting a dealer or manufacturer about load cells, be sure you have a basic grasp of what a load cell is and how it best suits your truck scale. The considerations discussed above will help you make the purchasing process easier. If you are in any requirement in load cells, weighing modules, or material handling solutions, please kindly contact us.