Electric Stacker Trucks
CUBLiFT, manufacturing the highest quality standard electric stacker truck, aims to offer wise and simple pallet lifting
- Lift capacity up to 5000kg
- Standard fork size: 45L x 27W”
- Powerful self-propelled hydraulic lifting system
- Selected PU polyurethane wheels give effortless steering & rolling
- Offer narrow spaces operating within 3 to 7 1/2″ lift range
- Long-lasting enough batteries with built-in charger
- Flexible 180° steering arc + compact 54″ turning radius
Find from us suitable electric stacker trucks to cover short or long-distance pallets lifting tasks.
CUBLiFT: Your Premier Electric Stacker Trucks Manufacturer in China
Electric Stacker Trucks Ultimate FAQs
- Why is an Electric stacker truck important in a warehouse/manufacturing/retail industry?
- Are you using the electric stacker truck for the first time?
- What do I stand to gain by the use of an Electric Stacker Truck?
- When considering the purchase of an electric stacker truck, what should one look out for?
- Does one require specialized skills and a license to operate an electric stacker truck?
- How many types of electric stacker trucks are there?
- What are some of the common faults associated with the electric stacker truck, their causes, and remedies?
- What safety actions/measures should one observe while operating an electric stacker truck?
- What are some key disadvantages associated with electric stacker trucks?
- Which is much cheaper between hiring or purchasing an electric stacker truck?
- What are some key maintenance safety measures/regulations that should constantly be upheld?
- How should I dispose of an unfunctional battery?
- What should I do if my electric stacker truck if is to be unused for over 2 months?
Electric Stacker Truck – FAQ
An electric stacker truck is equipment that combines the functions of a larger lifting truck with those of the counterbalance of the pallet truck for load/product storage purposes. It is commonly used for loading and lifting loads. The electric stacker truck is powered by AC drive motor technology. It has key features such as lift height 2300mm-3300mm, powered with 3 phase AC drive motor, and has an automatic shutoff when the truck is not in use for 30 minutes.
Among common places where Electric stacker truck is used include store-rooms, automotive parts industry mainly dealing in parts, manufacturing firms, where they are involved in moving of the finished products. Electric stacker truck is highly preferred compared to its counter-part hydraulic stacker truck. This is mainly because, the electric stacker truck, handles loads/pallets with lesser strength. On the other hand, it has a relatively low hazard concern as compared to the manual stackers.
Figure 1: Pramac Electric Stacker Truck
Figure 2: Electric Stacker Truck
Figure 3: Electric Stacker Truck-GX 12
Figure 4: Manual Electric Stacker Truck
Why is an Electric stacker truck important in a warehouse/manufacturing/retail industry?
All these places all have similar kind of job that require trucks for short-run normally not more than 150 ft, requires low speed for movement, and transfer of products from one point to another in a repetitive mode of cycles. This, therefore, makes it important to have this equipment in these industries one to make work easier for the workers, secondly, for efficiency in the production line.
As such, the use of an electric stacker truck becomes more applicable since doing what is done by the stacker is tedious while done manually. Also, due to the vastness of some of the stores, the help of an electric stacker truck makes it easy to reach for the customer’s items. Conversely, this therefore means, you only need a small shop attached to your store, or warehouse to serve your clients. Despite them coming in different models with variant specifications, it is possible to customize one to one’s needs.
Are you using the electric stacker truck for the first time?
Acquiring new equipment comes with its fair share of challenges, and more so when using it for the first time. However, below are key highlights on how you should go about it and with time it becomes a norm.
• Begin by ensuring that the battery is well charged.
• While preparing for transport, first check the completeness of the equipment as guided in the manual instruction provided by the manufacturer.
• Also, ensure that the oil levels of the hydraulic system are okay.
• Ensure that the battery is well fitted and all connections are correctly done and that no cable is damaged.
• Once the stacker is fully loaded, the tires’ surface will flatten and this flattening will only appear for a short period and then disappear.
• Ensure that you start with light loads so that you learn more about it fast. This in conjunction with the set operation time limit of one hundred hours of operation.
• It is important to recharge the battery once its power hits the 20 percent mark. Additionally, specific maintenance services should be done carefully.
• During this first time, the operator should avoid sudden turns, starts, stops, or braking. Lubrication and oil changing should have been done earlier.
What do I stand to gain by the use of an Electric Stacker Truck?
• Reduced manual handling & hazards – using a manual stacker truck pre-disposes the user/operators to high risks of injuries, back problems, sprains, arms, shoulders, and legs. With the use of an electric stacker truck, most of the risks are significantly reduced. Besides, it takes a shorter time to move products/pallets when using an electric stacker truck in comparison to using manual stacker trucks.
• Conserves environment & economical – due to the use of an electric powered battery, the electric stacker truck does not use fossil fuel, which makes them environmentally friendly. These Li-ion powered batteries don’t require a lot of maintenance, can be recharged very quickly, hence saving on huge electricity bills. This in return reduces the expenses of the company.
• Easy to maneuver- an electric stacker truck is easier to maneuver than most other stacker trucks in tight or squeezed places of work. This is because it’s easy to turn around while moving along a narrow aisle.
• Increased efficiency – a work that could have been done manually by 3 or 4 people and for the number of hours is reduced to 1 person and hours of operation reduced almost by half, achieving same results.
When considering the purchase of an electric stacker truck, what should one look out for?
Once it is clear that you need an electric stacker truck in your workplace, it is therefore important to be categorical on what kind of an electric stacker truck do you exactly need. The following are some key elements that may guide you while acquiring the rights stacker that will serve your needs efficiently and improve performance in the workplace.
• Weightlift capacity – this is a crucial aspect of the kind of electric stacker truck that one needs. It should be clear in your mind the maximum amount of weight that your electric stacker truck can lift. This is because failure to be cognizant of it while buying could lead to not getting the value of your money by not being able to serve your intended needs as aspired. Choosing the right electric stacker truck with your required lifting capacity in mind is the best way to acquire an electric stacker truck that serves you excellently. Normally, a good electric stacker truck that will serve you well should be able to lift a load with a weight between 1400 kg to 2000kg.
• Lifting height capacity – another most important consideration while acquiring an electric stacker truck is its lifting height capability. However, this is mainly dependent on the storage/racking system that your workplace has adopted. The height which an electric stacker truck can lift should match that of your specific needs. Failure to seriously consider this feature about your ideal electric stacker truck could result in not realizing the real value of your investment as it may end up less helpful at your workplace.
• Safety features – having ensured that the lifting capacity and weight capacity are in tandem with your specifications, it is also important to consider its safety features. Most electric stacker trucks come with a wide range of safety features that are beneficial to operators. A good electric stacker truck should have automatically set safety limitations that ensure optimal operations, and the safety of the operator and other workers around.
Does one require specialized skills and a license to operate an electric stacker truck?
To operate an electric stacker truck, one does not require to have special skills or a license. However, according to OSHA safety regulations on equipment handling, an operator should be first trained on how to use it before starting to use it.
How many types of electric stacker trucks are there?
Recently, the use of electric stacker trucks has grown exponentially in warehouses, industries, and even retails. Their efficiency is increased due to their heavy-duty powered battery. They operate on a similar technological operating setup. They are fitted with forks attached to the mast and are set up to manipulate the carrying stacker. There are two main types of electric stacker trucks differentiated by how they are powered. This includes a battery stacker (A.G.M) truck and lead-acid battery stacker.
• Electric battery stacker (Absorbed glass matt ) – this type of stacker truck has a long life span when used at 50 percent, capacity per cycle. This, therefore, makes it an ideal alternative to the lead-acid battery stacker truck. On the other hand, it requires minimal maintenance since it doesn’t need adding water like in a lead-acid battery and hence no risks in the event there is spillage.
• The lead-acid battery stacker truck – this type is mostly preferred due to their decreased use for diesel or gas to be carried to the place of work. It also offers an option of having an extra battery, such that, it’s possible to have one being used while the other get charged. This, therefore, ensures that there is no time wastage at the warehouse/store. This kind is mostly preferred where the need for flexibility in terms of the size and shape of the pallets transported is a factor in consideration.
What are some of the common faults associated with the electric stacker truck, their causes, and remedies?
• Forks unable to be lifted – this is mainly caused by lack of hydraulic oil, or hydraulic oil having impurities. As a way of getting them back functional, hydraulic oil should be added, and in case of impurities, changing of oil.
• Forks can’t lift to maximum height – this is mostly due to inadequate hydraulic oil. To rectify this, more hydraulic oil should be added.
• Inability to lower forks – this could be brought by deformation of piston or body cylinder due to leaning loads on one side or overloading, rusting of the forks as a result of them staying so long on the same position blocking the movement of the piston rod, or damaged hydraulic pump-station. To resolve these cases, the following should be done respectively: The cylinder body, or the big piston, should be changed, lubrication of the forks should be done from time to time and the forks should remain lowered if the stacker is not in use, for the damaged relief valve, if faulty should be replaced.
• Oil leakages – this could be due to damaged parts or aged ones, also cracking of some parts. The remedy to this is changing the old and damaged parts as well as those that are cracked.
• Forks lowering on their own – this may arise if the relief valve is not well unfastened. To resolve this, replacement of the old and damaged valve is recommended.
• The inability for a battery to charge – this is due to damage to the battery or a loosened charging-plug. This can be solved either by tightening the loose plug or replacing it with a new one.
What safety actions/measures should one observe while operating an electric stacker truck?
Handling the electric stacker truck is one to be done while observing utmost safety. This is because, when it’s wrongly used, it could lead to injuries or damaging the equipment. The trained operator is to ensure the correct use of the equipment. Also, the stacker should be used on firm, smoothened, leveled, and prepared surfaces. It is also worth noting that the electric stacker truck should be used indoors. However, below are some more specific safety measures for guidance while using the electric stacker truck:
• You should not begin using an electric stacker truck without having prior training and obtaining authorization.
• One should ensure that they have read and understood all provided operating instructions including the warning notes on the electric stacker truck.
• Prior checking of the electric stacker truck should be conducted before using it, key areas that need thorough checking include the wheels, the roller masts, battery, and its handle.
• The electric stacker truck should never be used on a slopping/declining surface.
• The operator of the electric stacker should not carry passengers while with load or when it’s empty.
• When lifting loads, touching the mast should be avoided.
• During operations, the operator must wear the required safety gear including gloves and anti-skidding shoes.
• The maximum lifting height of the forks should not be exceeded when carrying loads.
• When lifting/carrying loads where non-operating personnel is involved, they should observe a safety distance of not less than 500mm, and they should not stand under the forks.
• Ensure the weight of the load is evenly distributed across the forks, hence avoid overloading one side of the fork. This could lead to an accident, spillage, or injuring oneself.
• An operator should at no one time use an overloaded electric stacker truck.
• In case the operator is using a lead-acid battery stacker, battery liquid should be checked and if need be, it should be replenished by use of distilled water.
• The workplace should be free from fire while charging is taking place, well ventilated and the environment is dry.
• Once the use of the electric stacker truck is over, the forks should be lowered to their normal position.
What are some key disadvantages associated with electric stacker trucks?
• The high initial cost of purchase – the initial cost of acquiring an electric stacker truck is relatively high. However, the benefits realized when adopted at the place of work are incomparable with the use of diesel or LPG equipment. This initial cost also tends to decrease over time and the value of money is realized due to increased productivity resulting in higher profitability.
• Charging requirement – the charging cycle of an electric stacker truck can be tricky more so when you have to charge between shifts e.g to charge a lead-acid it takes a minimum of 8 hours which means it will interrupt the working cycle. However, it’s possible to counter these sorts of challenges by the use of a lithium-ion battery. But this should be carried out by first training the staff on proper ways of battery maintenance. In return, it increases battery performance and its lifespan.
• Environmental impact – electric stacker trucks are susceptible to changes in temperature compared to other load-lifting types of equipment. Also, the condition of the surrounding environment could as well damage the equipment if it’s too wet. Conversely, having internally sealed batteries can help to curb these challenges effectively. Also, the electric stacker truck is not made for outdoor activities hence limited to indoors only.
Which is much cheaper between hiring or purchasing an electric stacker truck?
Depending on the needs of your warehouse, sometimes one may prefer to hire an electric stacker truck instead of buying a new one. Some of the reasons might because of the length of the project anticipated. If it’s a short timeline project involving the use of the electric stacker truck, it can be cost-effective to hire than to purchase. Other reasons could be not to burden your recently started business, seeking to test new model equipment and to reduce initial cost. Nonetheless, for long-term use, the cost-benefit analysis of purchasing to hiring is high. Again, the cost incurred to buy is recovered after continued use of the equipment as a result of increased productivity. Therefore, the question of whether to buy or higher should be guided by your needs.
What are some key maintenance safety measures/regulations that should constantly be upheld?
• Personnel involved – any maintenance or servicing that is to be done on the electric stacker truck must be done only by trained personnel. The manufacturer is most cases have such a department of trained specialist for such tasks. It is therefore recommended that after buying to have a maintenance contract with your manufacturer.
• Cleaning – cleaning of electric stacker truck should be done with inflammable liquids. Before cleaning is done, the cleaner should avoid cases of sparking by making sure all safety measures are in place. In case the stacker uses a battery, it should be disconnected before. To clean internal assemblies, a special anti-static brush should be used. Also, electronic attachments should first be covered to protect them from moisture if a water jet is to be used in cleaning. This is to protect it from malfunction.
• Electric stacker’s system – it is important that only a trained person that can operate a stacker’s electrical connection/system should be allowed to conduct maintenance. All safety precautions should be observed to avoid electrical shock. For a battery-operated stacker, the battery should be de-connected.
• Tyre maintenance – it is worth noting that the quality of tires used on an electric stacker truck, affects its overall performance. Therefore, while replacing them, it’s imperative to replace them with original tires from the manufacturer.
• Hydraulic system – the hydraulic system and its components also need maintenance. Hydraulic hose(s) should be replaced after every 6 years as well as other components.
How should I dispose of an unfunctional battery?
Electric stacker trucks most use rechargeable batteries. This is either a lead-acid battery or lithium-ion battery. After a long time of use, e.g 4 years of use, these batteries lower their performance hence the need to replace them.
However, due to the chemicals that they are made of, there is a need to do proper disposal without posing a direct danger to people. That notwithstanding, it’s important to dispose of them following the laid down regulations. This is further aided by the manufacturer issuing instructions on how the disposal should be one.
Lead-acid batteries contain a poisonous, and corrosive acidic solution, and as a safety measure, one should wear protective gloves while handling the batteries. It is therefore advisable to avoid contact with the battery acid. However, should the acid come into contact with your skin accidentally, you should rinse it with a lot of water. It neutralizes the acid immediately. For safety use, only use batteries that have a sealed battery container.
What should I do if my electric stacker truck if is to be unused for over 2 months?
There comes a time when for one reason or another you will be not be using your electric stacker truck for some time, it is therefore good to ensure that these instructions are followed:
• Ensure the electric stacker is placed on a raised ground using blocks so that all its wheels are raised above the ground. This way they are protected from permanent misshape damage.
• Secondly, ensure that the electric stacker truck is thoroughly cleaned, including those parts that require special fluid for cleaning, add enough oil for the hydraulic system.
• Thirdly, check the level of hydraulic oil, and if in low levels add more up to the required level.
• Afterward, greasing should be done to all moving parts, shiny and bright parts with grease and oil.
• Then, make sure you store the electric stacker truck in a cool, dry, moist proof, and free from dust.
• Lastly, don’t use a plastic cover over the stacker. This is because condensed water could form under the cover and lead to rusting of some vital parts.
Related Electric stacker trucks
CUBLiFT: Your Premier Electric Stacker Trucks Manufacturer in China
Electric stacker trucks are widely used for lifting heavy containers or loads, especially in the warehouses of shopping malls. You can easily operate by yourself.
Electric stacker trucks are designed user-friendly with all the safety features, it is very handy and easy to handle. It can lift weight up to 2000kg and can lift up to the height of 6 meters. If you are operating it, you don’t need to worry about the safety measures because you will be able of monitoring the condition, position, efficiency, battery capacity and it will remind you of the maintenance of an electric stacker truck as well.
With the drawbar grip, you can easily handle your electric stacker truck. The electric stacker trucks are designed in a way so that you can lift and put the load at the right position with a clear view.
The wheels on its back can rotate 360o, which can help you to move the stacker truck in any direction in a compact area. The legs are up to 45 inches long, which lifts the weight very fast. You can adjust the width between the legs by sliding them back and forth. The load is carried up and down with the help of chains and those chains are separated by the glass for safety.
Lifting and lowering are carried out by a multi-functional handle where you get an emergency button, in case of any emergency you just have to turn on the switch and the stacker truck will stop the operation immediately. You can easily control the speed, and change the direction with the steer. The instrument panel is easily accessible including key switch, emergency stop, hour meter, battery indicator, and battery charger port.
And the best thing about the electric stacker truck is it is fully electric so no fuel is needed here. It is powered by 0.6 kW, and you can charge it at any 230-volt socket after completely switching off the truck. You just need to check the wheels, load section, and hydraulics to avoid any damage.